Monday, July 30, 2012

My kitchen is finally done!

When Steve chose to work on a special project in Texas for 6 weeks this past winter the deal I made with him was that if he went we would get new counters. Months later it is finally done!! We got the granite and new sink installed, then Steve and I did the subway tile backsplash on our own.  I LOVE the way it turned out. I wouldn't change anything.

Here is a picture of the kitchen before we moved it, while the previous owners were still living in the house.

And here is it now.

When we first moved in we change the appliances, I painted the cabinets, and Steve tiled the floor. Since then not much has changed. Now we can sit back and relax because the whole thing is done. Here are a few more pictures:






When I re-painted the kitchen I decided to do the family room too. I was inspired by the wall color of the Dunphy's home in Modern Family =).  I like how it brightened up the room and gave it a crisp, clean, beachy look. Here are some pictures.


I wanted a cute saying that was perfect for parents of little boys. I applied the vinyl to the wall and put a frame around it.


We finally replaced the ugly wooden colored blinds for white ones. FYI- if you are looking for a great price on  wood blinds Walmart online is the place!

And that is my little HGTV post. =)

6 comments:

Susanne said...

I love it all!! Can't wait too really look at it in person.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Everything looks crisp and beautiful. I need a close up of the light fixture above the sink. The only thing I would still do is to turn the lighting into incandescents. I hear it is super easy to do. You guys are so talented. I think I've seen this remodel three times now. Where do you get the energy?

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

OH, that was me mom on the last post. I see Becky has been visiting!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

It really looks so amazing! Honestly I just don't know how you do it. I would have such a hard time making all the decisions to bring everything together. What a great feeling to have your new kitchen, you so deserve it!

Laurel said...

Everything looks so great! Seeing all your house updates makes me really excited for the day we finally own our own home.

Our Carlson Family said...

Love the kitchen!!! And your dunphy wall!