Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Treehouse is Done!

Carson had been begging for a treehouse for a while. We didn't really have a tree for it and told him it wouldn't work. Steve being the engineer he is thought it over and figured out a way.

**Before:

 **After:

 The boys were great helpers during the process...






Luke was in HEAVEN helping me paint. By the time I got my camera out he decided it wasn't as fun. (I think it had something to do with paint not tasting too good.) I had to snap a few pictures anyway.




Carson wanted to make a flag. He told me what to draw. Our names, hand tracings. the family portrait including his teddy bear and our fish, and an apple tree. 

I painted one wall with chalk board paint.
In other news we had to chop down a huge tree in our backyard. It was pushing up the concrete in our neighbor's backyard. Luckly it wasn't the tree the treehouse was in! Carson and Luke loved watching the guys cut it down. Very exciting to little boys. There is less shade now and more wind, but it does make the yard look bigger. Plus there is less ivy for us to control now.

**Before:


**After:

The hole it left.

5 comments:

kelleyplus said...

The Bonners have done it again! Not only a treehouse, but one with a roof, ladder,chalkboard, and flag!

You guys really do it right. I love the picture of Carson watching his dad drill. Such intensity! You can be sure he will always remember this project. I love the image of Luke tasting this bright happy looking stuff and saying,"YUK!!!" Reminds me of Winnie-the-pooh. I think the flag and the chalkboard are ingenious. Kudos to the Bonner parents once again! Oh, and the colors are perfect.

annieq84 said...

Ha how cute! What a great idea, especially the chalk board thing. Isn't it great to have the kind of husband who can create the ideas that come into your head. I'm sure everyone contributed a little in their own way! It would be great to do hand prints in some cement under the tree house. Well done Leah and Steve!

Aleena said...

Wow! You and Steve are the best parents ever! My kids have been asking for a treehouse for years and they've never gotten one. I guess they will have to play in yours. :) It looks awesome!

Heninger family said...

Fun! Now you always will know where to find them:)

Susanne said...

Awesome!!! I'm way impressed.